JOIN OMAR CANOSA, MD, MEDICAL DIRECTOR at ANXIETY INSTITUTE
Pharmacotherapy of Severe Anxiety Disorders
This presentation will focus on severe, complex and/or treatment-resistant anxiety disorders.
Anxiety disorders are a significant global health concern, trailing only depressive disorders in impact. While most cases are manageable with established therapies, achieving lasting remission is challenging. Severe anxiety cases, though less common, cause immense suffering and challenge standard treatment guidelines. This discussion will explore severe, complex, and treatment-resistant anxiety disorders. It will cover the landscape of anxiety disorders, emphasize severe cases' challenges, explore established treatments, delve into difficult case scenarios, and suggest strategies for addressing severe anxiety disorders.
- Understand anxiety disorders in clinical practice
- Provide an overview of severe anxiety disorder presentations
- Review pharmacotherapy options for anxiety disorders of all severity levels
- Discuss pharmacotherapy approaches to severe anxiety disorders
Training Refund and Cancellation Policies
Virtual Courses and Webinars
- If you are unable to attend an online course or webinar, Anxiety Institute offers a 100% money-back guarantee, if you notify us at least 24-hours prior to the scheduled start date. For a multi-session course, cancellation must be received 24-hours prior to the first session.
- If you are unable to attend a course session/webinar due to extenuating circumstances, a recording of the session will be available for viewing for two weeks after the live session date.
- If Anxiety Institute cancels the availability of a course or webinar for any reason, participants will be notified via email. Though we would not do so without good reason, we reserve this right, as well as the right to reschedule courses and webinars and/or substitute presenters. In the case of a cancelled or rescheduled course, you may request a full refund of course/webinar fees paid.
- If you wish to cancel your course registration, notification must be sent to email@example.com at least 24-hours prior to the scheduled start date.
Anxiety Institute, LLC disclaims any liability for any losses or damages, direct or indirect, arising from a training cancellation.
To receive CE credits, clinicians must attend the course sessions in real time, not via recorded sessions. All CE Certification fees are non-refundable.
Omar Canosa, MD
BS, Florida International University // MD, UCE (San Pedro, DR)Dr. Omar Canosa joins the Anxiety Institute with 15 years of experience as a child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist. After earning his doctorate in medicine in 1999, Omar completed his general psychiatry training at Temple University’s School of Medicine, and fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry Drexel University’s College of Medicine in Philadelphia. From 2008 to 2014, Omar worked for Atlantic Health’s Overlook Medical Center (Summit, NJ), where he spearheaded the evolution of an integrative and evidence-based pediatric eating disorder program. Omar has been in private practice since, providing comprehensive mental health treatment uniquely tailored to each patient's individual needs. As an integrative psychiatrist, Omar incorporates a range of healing traditions into his clinical interventions. Intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), medical acupuncture, and qigong, Omar is dedicated to both addressing symptoms and problems, as well as to maximizing each client's well-being in all areas of life. As Medical Director of Anxiety Institute, Omar works closely with the professional team to provide medical perspective on, and integrative guidance to, the psychological approaches of programming and treatment. He will consult individually with clients and families to discuss the potential benefits of medical treatment options, when applicable.
Questions regarding this course?
Kyrsten Bravo, Director of Outreach
Phone: (203) 570-9623